Justin McLachlan: Writing Dialogue.

Justin McLachlanUdRymFAq is from a small town south of Pittsburg, and spent his life in San Diego, Morgantown, West Virginia, and is currently in Washington D.C. where he also received his bachelor’s degree from Taylor University in mass communications. What makes Justin unique, is that he’s in fact a write, actor, and director. Justin is also the creator of EOS 10, a science fiction radio play and podcast series.

I came upon his blog when I was searching on Pinterest for great creative writing ideas to use in my classroom. I noticed that there was a great written post called, 5 Reasons Your Dialogue Isn’t Authentic. It wasn’t too long, but it was short, sweet, and to the point. So is it hard to write authentic dialogue? Absolutely. When writing a story, it’s almost like writing an essay, and at times, we want to sound formal, but what Justin points out for those who are writing scripts and stories, is that you have to write how you would say it in person. A tip that he suggested, is to say it out loud, rephrase, and rewrite it.

This is one of many blogs that is found on Justin’s website. It’s great to use it for English students, drama students, and film students. These posts are something that I would recommend to my students, and have them learn from what he says.